Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a involving some of this reasons you could have gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something start thinking about.
You want realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers gameplay! Yes, you still need to have a good idea but you will find that irrespective of how to start an invention idea good a perception you may think it is that you could still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it doesn’t make sense to you that they would reject a strategy that they agree is usually profitable. Here are a couple common purposes why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The business may surely have a full line of providers not seeking add much more.
2. Urge for food is outside their target market.
3. You sent your submission towards wrong an associate the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it right one.
4. You sent the idea unsolicited without contacting firm first to observe their submission policy, and they rejected it solely on that agreement.
5. You didn’t have proper contact information on your division. (That is one of the highest mistakes Inventors make. An additional will not bother to you up.)
6. Include too many similar services that market is flooded enough.
7. Your idea attracts a minimal niche market and besides mass market items.
8. Price of to manufacture versus the return on investment as well high.
9. Your sales sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with too much information to sort indicates of.
10. Goods has been really patented by someone else and want to ascertain if they might go around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Goods or idea isn’t much better what is definitely on the actual marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea okay and don’t need a clue who your competition is that are available.
12. You sent a specific thing that is strictly like their current product and that current device is a marginal seller. So yours will not fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps on the downswing in order to what isn’t too far off out a year later.
14. They have a better solution than yours the actual world works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea although the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior for the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Transpires a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the sole ones creating.)
15. These have received the identical idea patent from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. Include posted your idea unprotected online in one of those invention ideas posting sites where others vote on goods to verify that there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the concerned whether any patent protection may allowed and turns it down depending that situation.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the working prototype on youtube and possess a significant number of hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you have an issued patent, help to they write a quick search on your patent they see that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and it’s been lapsed significantly beyond the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There’s a patent, truly was poorly written and will not cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. There is design patent and designing around your patent is an easy task, which means they can get very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t look at outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, but which are explain they just don’t look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided about their line for that year or go with the following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review nicely item has never been in production or sold stores or online. So do not require to take the risk of being the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are a few within the reasons you should have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take the time to research the offers completely and understand your market, your invest that market and seek information part to make yourself as marketable as possible.